Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Where does build service look for dependents?
  • From: Johannes Meixner <jsmeix@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 10:01:11 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

On Jul 16 10:11 Dave Plater wrote (shortened):
if I have the BuildRequires packages present in my project will
they be the packages used in the build?

Not by default.
By default the BuildRequires packages are used from what is
defined to be the build repository for the package.

But see
osc help build
--prefer-pkgs=DIR
Prefer packages from this directory when installing the build-root
I never used this but it seems you have to provide preferred packages
in a local directory and not in a repository on the build service
(via a project on the build service it cannot work because a project
contains sources but no binary packages which could be installed).

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
AG Nuernberg, HRB 16746, GF: Markus Rex