Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Need a build service tutorial
  • From: Dave Plater <dave.plater@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 11:43:21 +0200
Greg Freemyer wrote:
On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 9:43 AM, Dave Plater<dave.plater@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Greg Freemyer wrote:

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 3:57 AM, Dave Plater<dave.plater@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Petit Eric wrote:

From the web client : https://build.opensuse.org/project/list_my
click on your project link (mine is surfzoid one):
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=home%3Asurfzoid

near the "Build Repositories" click on the "+" to add some target
platform used to build your futur packages.

After what, i suggest you to use MonoOSC, it have some wizard for
write your first SPEC file and add your first package ....

http://software.opensuse.org/search?baseproject=ALL&p=1&q=monoosc

http://sourceforge.net/projects/monoosc/files/

I have an altered yast2-qt-pkg complete with original spec files that I
would like to build and make available in my home directory. My home
directory doesn't seem to exist yet also. I have already used rpmbuild
on it and it works. My account name is "plater"
I will explore MonoOSC later with a kde package I'm using to learn with.
Thanks
Dave P

Dave,

I see it.
<https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=home%3Aplater>

I've only built on obs project, but I found it easiest to start using
the web interface to create your project and initial setup. The more
advanced users seem to use the cli.

For a very simple package that builds look at my open2300 package.

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=open2300&project=home%3Agregfreemyer

To make an rpm, all you need is the tar.gz file and the .spec file.
The other 4 files are for building debs.

Greg

Hi Greg, I'm stuck on how to load or point to the package to be built in
either the web interface or osc. I'm now trying to use monoOSC from
contrib but that either refuses to connect or crashes. At least I have
managed to use rpmbuild to build a yast2-qt-pkg with a size column
modified to display => 1000.0 KiB in full. Anyway perseverance and
hacking always pays off.
Thanks
Dave P

Dave,

Looks like you created a subproject and a package.

Now you just need to add your *.tar.gz file and your spec file.

Clicking add files at
<https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=yast2-qt-pkg-2.18.9&project=home%3Aplater%3Ayast2qt>

Should take you to
<https://build.opensuse.org/package/add_file?package=yast2-qt-pkg-2.18.9&project=home%3Aplater%3Ayast2qt>

Where you upload those 2 files.

Then on
<https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=home%3Aplater%3Ayast2qt>
you click add repository and tell it which distros you want to build
for.

Greg

Thanks Greg I've completed all those steps and it's tried to build, now
I have to figure out how to link the dependencies to it, ie. libzypp,
satsolver-tools etc.
Thanks again
Dave P