Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS server layout
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 11:34:46 +0200
Am Freitag, 10. Juli 2009 02:28:50 schrieb Luke Imhoff:
We're running into issues with our local OBS instance in that it's
running slowly. The web frontend is taking like 4 seconds to load some
pages.

can you trace which process looses the time ?

I'd like to know how the public OBS is broken up as right now we
have everything OBS related on one machine and I really have no idea how
we can break up OBS to lower load. That is, which pieces can go on
different machines and which need to be on the same machine.

We have

* 1 host for api.opensuse.org and build.opensuse.org

* 1 host for the source server and the mysql database
This is the host which should react very fast to have a good user
experience when working with sources and also for searching binaries.

* 1 big host for all binary services, like rep server, schedulers, publisher
and kiwi local builds.

* 1 host for the sign daemon for security reasons.

SUSE Linux Products GmbH