Re: [opensuse-buildservice] bs and ARM
  • From: Martin Mohring <martin.mohring@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 18:18:45 +0200
Peter Czanik wrote:
Hello,
Finally I got a little time, so I'd like to try to compile a few
packages for Debian ARM. Last time I worked with the BS, I used PPC
and openSUSE 11.0. Now looking for info, how to get started BS for
ARM. So, I got some questions:

- which version to use if I want to compile for ARM?

-
http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Build_Service_Installation_Tutorial
only has instructions up to openSUSE 11.0. Does the same apply for
11.1? Is it the doc I should use for cross builds:
http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Concepts/CrossDevelopment ?

- Can I compile for Debian Lenny? (
http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Concepts/CrossDevelopment only
mentions Etch ) Some packages are not included in Debian Lenny for
ARM, which are available in Ubuntu and I'd try to recompile them for
Debian...

- is it already possible to boot openSUSE/ARM? Would be nice to see it
running at least in Qemu...

Bye,
CzP
Hi,

for a list of tested targets, see:
http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/PoweredBy. There is a list of
tested distros in the test system. In the public OBS, no all of them are
available.

Happy Hacking, Martin