[opensuse-buildservice] bs and ARM
  • From: Peter Czanik <pczanik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 18:11:05 +0200
Hello,
Finally I got a little time, so I'd like to try to compile a few packages for Debian ARM. Last time I worked with the BS, I used PPC and openSUSE 11.0. Now looking for info, how to get started BS for ARM. So, I got some questions:

- which version to use if I want to compile for ARM?

- http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Build_Service_Installation_Tutorial only has instructions up to openSUSE 11.0. Does the same apply for 11.1? Is it the doc I should use for cross builds: http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Concepts/CrossDevelopment ?

- Can I compile for Debian Lenny? ( http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Concepts/CrossDevelopment only mentions Etch ) Some packages are not included in Debian Lenny for ARM, which are available in Ubuntu and I'd try to recompile them for Debian...

- is it already possible to boot openSUSE/ARM? Would be nice to see it running at least in Qemu...

Bye,
CzP