Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Some "Substitute"s
  • From: Pavol Rusnak <prusnak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 11:46:54 +0200
Cristian Morales Vega wrote:
2009/7/7 Pavol Rusnak <prusnak@xxxxxxx>:
Cristian Morales Vega wrote:
I don't know exactly what policy you use to add them (I suppose you
don't add them for released/fixed products as openSUSE < 11.2), but
anyway some I use...

%if 0%{?fedora_version}
Substitute: libexpat-devel expat-devel
Substitute: libpulse-devel pulseaudio-libs-devel
Substitute: pkg-config pkgconfig
%endif
You can use pkgconfig in SUSE packages too (our pkg-config provides the
pkgconfig symbol).

I know, but I suppose that will be removed at some point.
Looking into it, that provides could already be removed. The pkgconfig
-> pkg-config rename is from openSUSE 10.2->10.3, no supported version
still uses pkgconfig.

I was told that this symbol is not going to be removed, because we are
keeping it not only for openSUSE 10.2 and older, but also for
compatibility with Fedora/Mandriva.

--
Best Regards / S pozdravom,

Pavol RUSNAK SUSE LINUX, s.r.o