[opensuse-buildservice] Re: Headers for kernel module
  • From: "Matwey V. Kornilov" <matwey.kornilov@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 15:27:50 +0400
Michal Marek wrote:

Matwey V. Kornilov napsal(a):
What name is correct for the '-devel' rpm package of kmp?

<main package>-devel I'd say.

The package that consists of /usr/include/linux/*.h is named linux-kernel-
headers. <main package>-headers is alternative name this way. I am little
confused.

The second possible problem is to build devel package separately. The driver
API never changes and this way we should avoid rebuilding of userspace
software when new version of the driver package appears.