Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Headers for kernel module
  • From: Michal Marek <mmarek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 12:26:56 +0200
Matwey V. Kornilov napsal(a):
We develop kernel module for the interface for our scientific devices.
We have to provide headers of the module, because they provide ioctl's for
user-space software. Unfortunately I didn't find any information about how
to do it correctly. The first way is to put headers into /usr/include/linux
tree. The second way is to put all of the sources into /usr/src/kernel-
modules tree. Which way is the correct for 3th-party module?

If this is the userspace interface, then /usr/include/linux seems like
the right place, so that you can just say #include <linux/myioctl.h> in
your application.

What name is correct for the '-devel' rpm package of kmp?

<main package>-devel I'd say.

Michal