Re: [opensuse-buildservice] dead-lock in BS (error saving package: value of develpackage, ...)
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 16:48:14 +0200
Am Dienstag, 30. Juni 2009 16:38:18 schrieb Petr Mladek:
On Tuesday 30 June 2009, Petr Mladek wrote:
Hi,

I am completely lost!!!

I think that I found it. It helped to change the devel project from

<devel project="home:pmladek:Factory"/>
<devel project="OpenOffice.org:UNSTABLE"/>

using osc meta -e pkg OpenOffice.org:UNSTABLE OpenOffice_org-bootstrap.

Note that "home:pmladek:Factory" does not exist. I do not know who set this
ugly value. I am pretty sure that I did not do it myself.

Ups, it must have been once and you should not be able to remove it, when it
is defined.

But that was the initial value, when we opened Factory development together
with OBS 1.0.

--- cut ---
Checking OpenOffice_org-bootstrap...
Sending ooo310-m14-bootstrap.tar.bz2
Sending ooo-build-3.1.0.98.2.tar.gz
Sending OpenOffice_org-bootstrap.changes
Sending OpenOffice_org-bootstrap.spec
Deleting ooo-build-3.1.0.98.1-kde4-subpackage.diff
Deleting ooo-build-3.1.0.98.1.tar.gz
Deleting ooo310-m13-bootstrap.tar.bz2
Server returned an error: HTTP Error 400: Bad Request
error saving package: value of develpackage has to be a existing package
(packag
e 'OpenOffice_org-bootstrap' does not exist)
Transmitting file data
--- cut ---

I means that the above error message is confusing. It does not complain
about missing -devel package 'OpenOffice_org-bootstrap' but about missing
devel project "home:pmladek:Factory" or about missing package.

I am going to report it into bugzilla.

It just got fixed ;)

For one the problem was invalid data, which should not be allowed to
construct. Would be interessting how this was possible at all.

The second thing was that submitting source files did also update the meta
file, that was just changed (for performance reasons also).

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH