Re: [opensuse-buildservice] debtransform patches
  • From: Marcus Rueckert <darix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 16:10:58 +0200
propose the two attached patches:

1) Debian-based distros require the tarball to be .tar.gz , which is annoying
with cross-distro packaging. This patch adds support for using .tar.bz2
or .zip and debtransform converts the archive to .tar.gz , in addition to
renaming it as it does now. I've tested this locally with osc build and it
seems to work fine.

this is not true. debian handles .bz2 and even .lzma/.xz. you just need
to specify the right format in the dsc file (format 3)

If this is accepted, can you give me an estimate for when it gets deployed?
It'd save me a bit of writing in a howto, but I don't insist :).

2) Applying patches using debian.series has a different default for the -p
argument of patch. While .spec defaults to -p0, debtransform defaults to -p1.
This is again annoying with cross-distro packaging. This is a
backwards-incompatible change, but I would consider this to be a bugfix and I
expect there aren't many packages that rely on the default in debtransform
now, because of it not being consistent with .spec .

format 3 has optional quilt support (format 3.0 quilt)

darix

--
openSUSE - SUSE Linux is my linux
openSUSE is good for you