Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Mandriva2009 problems
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 11:31:16 +0200
Am Sonntag, 28. Juni 2009 17:09:54 schrieb Lubos Lunak:
On Tuesday 23 of June 2009, Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Dienstag, 23. Juni 2009 16:09:24 schrieb Lubos Lunak:
Hello,

I'm trying to build a package for also other distributions and I have
a problem with Mandriva. The package is home:llunak:kde/taskbarswitch,
just a very simple KDE app. The build repository is 'Mandriva 2009', as
offered by one of the buttons in the 'Add Repository' page.

First the simpler (second :) ) problem. After I actually manage to
successfully build the package, I cannot install it on my testing
Mandriva installation. When trying to install it, urpmi complains that
there is no liblzma.so.0, which is required by the package. I
eventually figured out that my Mandriva install is Mandriva 2009.1 AKA
2009 Spring, while buildservice builds only for Mandriva 2009.0.

Uh, isn't that a just rebundled and full compatible edition ?

Which leads to the project config requiring all this to make the
package build:
Prefer: free-kde4-config mandriva-theme-Free
mandriva-theme-Free-screensaver Prefer: phonon-gstreamer
kde4-l10n-en_GB Prefer: curl kernel-desktop-2.6.27-0.rc8.2mnb

Would it be possible to somehow fix this for the Mandriva 2009 build
repository instead of repositories having to work this around? It's
rather confusing that it doesn't work out of the box, and the choices
are either obvious and don't really matter anyway.

Yes, thank you, this was very helpfull informations. I have applied
nevertheless it in some different way:

Prefer: free-kde4-config mandriva-theme-Free
mandriva-theme-Free-screensaver Ignore: libkdecore5:phonon-backend
Ignore: lib64kdecore5:phonon-backen
Ignore: libkdecore5:kde4-l10n
Ignore: lib64kdecore5:kde4-l10n
Ignore: bootsplash:kernel

I still get the kde4-l10n expansion error when I use some other package.

okay, try again, I changed this into a global ignore.

For example, "have choice for kde4-l10n needed by kdebase4-runtime:". What
is the reason for using Ignore, it looks like it can't cover all the cases
like Prefer can.

The reason for ignore is that a package should not depend on any translation.
For this reason it should not have any installed, so you would see, if it
depends on one at build time.

Another reason is that packages should not get wait or rebuild for
translations. We want to be able to submit often translations with little
retriggering of packages. And esp. not base packages like kde libs, which
would trigger again a larger number of packages.

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH