Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Mandriva2009 problems
  • From: Lubos Lunak <l.lunak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 17:09:54 +0200
On Tuesday 23 of June 2009, Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Dienstag, 23. Juni 2009 16:09:24 schrieb Lubos Lunak:
Hello,

I'm trying to build a package for also other distributions and I have a
problem with Mandriva. The package is home:llunak:kde/taskbarswitch, just
a very simple KDE app. The build repository is 'Mandriva 2009', as
offered by one of the buttons in the 'Add Repository' page.

First the simpler (second :) ) problem. After I actually manage to
successfully build the package, I cannot install it on my testing
Mandriva installation. When trying to install it, urpmi complains that
there is no liblzma.so.0, which is required by the package. I eventually
figured out that my Mandriva install is Mandriva 2009.1 AKA 2009 Spring,
while buildservice builds only for Mandriva 2009.0.

Uh, isn't that a just rebundled and full compatible edition ?

Which leads to the project config requiring all this to make the package
build:
Prefer: free-kde4-config mandriva-theme-Free
mandriva-theme-Free-screensaver Prefer: phonon-gstreamer kde4-l10n-en_GB
Prefer: curl kernel-desktop-2.6.27-0.rc8.2mnb

Would it be possible to somehow fix this for the Mandriva 2009 build
repository instead of repositories having to work this around? It's
rather confusing that it doesn't work out of the box, and the choices are
either obvious and don't really matter anyway.

Yes, thank you, this was very helpfull informations. I have applied
nevertheless it in some different way:

Prefer: free-kde4-config mandriva-theme-Free
mandriva-theme-Free-screensaver Ignore: libkdecore5:phonon-backend
Ignore: lib64kdecore5:phonon-backen
Ignore: libkdecore5:kde4-l10n
Ignore: lib64kdecore5:kde4-l10n
Ignore: bootsplash:kernel

I still get the kde4-l10n expansion error when I use some other package. For
example, "have choice for kde4-l10n needed by kdebase4-runtime:". What is the
reason for using Ignore, it looks like it can't cover all the cases like
Prefer can.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer