[opensuse-buildservice] Re: [opensuse-factory] Plans and Issues for ATI fglrx Driver for 11.2?
  • From: Susanne Oberhauser <froh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 11:44:53 +0200
"Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

On 6/25/2009 at 14:37, "Dominique Leuenberger"
<Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm running an OBS and as such could just link to the source project which
is maintained by Stefan. It would merely be to have the binareis hosted
'off' the opensuse.org domain.
If we can arrange for some DNS entries on opensuse-community.org for
example,
this would not cause a problem at all for me (my data transfer limit is
50GB/month at the moment of which I hardly use 1GB now).

I went down the ally and tried to link the sources from
X11:Drivers:Video to my local OBS. Not surprisingly of course, this
does not (yet) work, as the 'real' blob is missing in the Source repo
on OBS (The user is supposed to download it before the build
command). (I tried nvidia only... simply because I have those cards in
all my systems and it would allow me to test the resulting RPMs).

Stefan, any good ideas on how we can achieve this to be 'more
automatic' than it is now?

I think obs downloading pristine tar balls would be a Good Thing (TM)
anyway, for various reasons, the most prominent being that it makes
source file tampering harder: with this, an evil contributor needed to
fake the original tar ball. So this feature also takes burden from the
package maintainers.
http://www.rpm.org/max-rpm/s1-rpm-inside-tags.html#S3-RPM-INSIDE-SOURCE-TAG

Maybe integrating the 'fetch.sh' logic inside the spec file? I'll
gladly offer my server for building the RPMs and I can host them on my
server too, so we can get our users on track with a good
experience... I would even build for Factory, but this would most
likely cause some 'issues' on my side, as inter-obs does not link
changing base repos that much (it typically end's up in a scheduler
look).

Dominique

S.

--
Susanne Oberhauser +49-911-74053-574 SUSE -- a Novell Business
OPS Engineering Maxfeldstraße 5