Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Extreme waste of space by source RPMs
  • From: Michal Čihař <michal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 15:44:01 +0200
Hi

Dne Fri, 26 Jun 2009 15:39:53 +0200
Peter Poeml <poeml@xxxxxxx> napsal(a):

we waste extreme amounts of space on our download server (and on the
mirrors) by the way we publish source RPMs.

Yes.

From my understanding, each of the source rpms could be used to achieve
the same build result. (Or isn't that the case?)

Unfortunately source rpms do not have to be same for all architectures
(for example if you have Patch hidden by some %ifs). Not sure if it
case for some existing package though.

Also different rpms from different distributions might compress source
rpm in a different way.

The source RPMs should be published once only, if at all. What do you
think?

If they are all same, there is surely no need to duplicate them.