Re: [opensuse-buildservice] symlink control after build
  • From: Tomáš Čech <tcech@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 16:14:29 +0200
Hi,

Dne Čt 25. června 2009 12:58:36 Michal Marek napsal(a):
Dirk Müller napsal(a):
On Friday 19 June 2009, Tomáš Čech wrote:
I did recently some simple script for controling dependencies and links
in images used in SLEPOS. I found that there were some broken symlinks
in that image. Interesting was, that these broken links also existed on
SLES.

did you file bugreports? can you name them here?
bugs #511233, #511329

So, what about adding some simple check for broken symlinks which cause
at least warning? It can point to some problems with missing dependency
or other error..

if you can describe an algorithm that would detect those errors without
significant false positives, I can add a rpmlint check for it. However, I
would need some examples for testing first.

/usr/lib/rpm/brp-symlink is supposed to do this already, but obviously
didn't work in this case. Tomas, in which packages did you find the
dangling symlinks?

Packages affected - desktop-data-SLED, dmraid.

Best regards,

Tomas Cech
QA
< Previous Next >