Re: [opensuse-packaging] Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Important osc version 0.119 release !
  • From: Marcus Rueckert <darix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 18:03:25 +0200
On 2009-06-16 18:03:32 +0200, Adrian Schröter wrote:
I find it's dangerous (and more unintuitive) than
just giving an error "command not found".

Do you have tried ? This is not the case ;)

You get a big fat warning first pointing you to the new command and
afterwards
an error from the server (because the project "create" does not exist in our
instances).

how lucky we are we dont have project that match former command names.
what happens if i got projects like "list"/"show" in my private obs?
it will happily create a submitreq against that project?

failed usability if you ask me. very fragile error handling

darix

--
openSUSE - SUSE Linux is my linux
openSUSE is good for you