[opensuse-buildservice] server:database subprojects
  • From: Michal Hrusecky <mhrusecky@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 19:20:54 +0200
Hi,

I've been thinking that I might use some new subprojects in
server:database and I wanted to ask others for their opinion first. What
I've got in my mind are some different use cases for server:database
subprojects... What I've been thinking about:

server:database:stable
- most of the time packages linked from latest released openSUSE. It's
purpose would be to provide users of older distributions latest
stable and tested version. This would be for somebody who want's new
feature,doesn't want to update whole distribution but wants quite
stable system.

server:database:current or let it be just server:database
- current development version intended for future release of openSUSE.
This should be quite stable although it will be much less tested and
may be broken sometimes. Intended for people who wants to test new
features and can't wait or for those who wants to participate in
testing.

server:database:experimental
- mainly for packagers and developers. Sometimes even for testers or
brave users. This repository will be intended for beta/alpha versions
or some other experimental versions of packages. Possibly very
dangerous place.

--
Michal Hrusecky

Package Maintainer