Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Direct HTTP to the frontend from webclient
  • From: Udit Sajjanhar <udit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 03:49:54 +0530
On Sat, Jun 6, 2009 at 3:39 AM, Marcus Rueckert<darix@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2009-06-06 03:25:23 +0530, Udit Sajjanhar wrote:
 I am implementing openid for buildservice on the frontend.

 Webclient is required to send an direct html request to the frontend
for the verification of openid.

 The problem is that I need to send authentication information in the
headers.

this sounds wrong from what i know about openid. the webbrowser needs to
authenticate itself to the api.o.o. you dont send the authentication
informations from the webclient with the request.

The exact scenario I am trying to implement is when an existing logged
in user maps an openid url to his current login so that from the next
time onwards he/she can login via the openid.

Frontend will validate the openid from the provider. On successful
validation, the openid url will stored in the user table.

For storing the openid url in the user table, frontend needs the user
and hence the headers.

more details here:
http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/OpenID_GSOC_Implementation#Features

 Is there already a way in which the headers can be set automatically
and I only supply the controller name of the frontend ?

   darix

--
          openSUSE - SUSE Linux is my linux
              openSUSE is good for you