Re: [opensuse-buildservice] new "osc request" handling
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 10:56:43 +0200
Am Freitag, 5. Juni 2009 10:34:27 schrieb Ruediger Oertel:
On Friday 05 June 2009 06:07:10 Adrian Schröter wrote:
Just a list of all incompatible changes done this time so far, they were
done within the last month by multiple contributors trying to improve the
interface:

osc submitreq create -> osc submitreq
osc submitreq accept/decline/show/revoke -> osc request accept/...
osc submitreq delete -> osc request wipe

okay, so all "osc submitreq foo" are mapped to "osc submitreq foo"
or "osc submitreq foo2".

What is so different about "create" that it should have it's own command ?

What about just "osc request submit"

that was my first implementation, but some people of our discussion round
disliked this for these reasons:

* It is basically "osc request <type>", this is conflicting already in the
delete case and will most likely conflict again in the future when
introducing new types.

* It is clear that all "osc rq" commands are the same for all kind of
requests, while all "osc <type>request" are special for each type.

* "osc sr" is much shorter and handy ;) and at the same level as "osc ci" for
example.

(or "submitpac" or something in
that direction) and leave the "submitreq" namespace alone ?

submitpac would be thinkable (or submitpkg ?, we do just consolidate this to
one writing). But how would the other requests be written ? How can you see at
the command that it is a request and not a real action ?

The current implementation has for that reason always the "request" as part of
the command.

osc deletepac -> osc delete or osc rdelete
osc deleteprj -> osc rdelete
osc rlog -> osc log
osc rprjresults -> osc prjresults
osc rresults -> osc results