Re: [opensuse-buildservice] new "osc request" handling
  • From: Marcus Rueckert <darix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 16:40:40 +0200
On 2009-06-02 16:24:45 +0200, Adrian Schröter wrote:
Juergen, Michael, Klaas and me sit together to discuss how should we design
the osc request interface. The problem is that osc only knows "submitreq"
command so far. But now we have two more requests, delete and devel_change
requests. And more will come.

This new design will not be compatible with the current "osc submitreq" and
we
will most likely not be able to support the old commands in the same syntax
anymore. But we think it is better to do this change anyway to have it more
consistent.

Our idea are the following commands for osc. Please tell us your opinion
about
it. (We will implement this tomorrow if no new problems pop up).

you are breaking the UI for no real reason. which is bad.

Create new requests:
================
osc sr
osc sr PROJECT PACKAGE DESTPROJECT [DESTPACKAGE]
osc submitrequest
osc submitrequest PROJECT PACKAGE DESTPROJECT [DESTPACKAGE]

osc dr PROJECT [PACKAGE]
osc deleterequest PROJECT [PACKAGE

osc cr PROJECT PACKAGE DEVEL_PROJECT [DEVEL_PACKAGE]
osc changedevelrequest PROJECT PACKAGE DEVEL_PROJECT [DEVEL_PACKAGE]

inconsistent. see below

Note: So far we had "osc submitreq create ...", the create will get dropped.

Modify existing requests:
=========================

osc request accept ID
osc request decline ID
osc request revoke ID (drops the request, but it is still showable)
osc request wipe ID (removes the requst forever)

osc request deletion PROJECT [PACKAGE]
osc request changedevel PROJECT PACKAGE DEVEL_PROJECT [DEVEL_PACKAGE]
osc request submit PROJECT PACKAGE DESTPROJECT [DESTPACKAGE]

that way we can leave the old "osc sr" behavior in place as compat
layer. we got this documented in many places, (Wiki, blog postings)
and should not just break it in a rush (2days for such an intrusive
change is a bit too short).

(optional "rq" for "request")

you also added osc req als alternative, which was used before to run api
requests manually. will it would be confusing to keep both around. again
breaking the UI.

Show existing requests:
=======================

osc list # list requests (maybe we can make this one obsolete)

"osc request list" if at all.
osc list is too unspecific and could confused as synonym for "osc ls".

osc request # list requests

it follows the REST style paradigm, might work. would need to see it in
action i think

osc request ID

osc request show ID

should still be provided.