Re: [opensuse-buildservice] rpmlint "non-standard-uid"
  • From: Matthias Bach <marix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 18:29:27 +0200
Hi!

Am Donnerstag 28 Mai 2009 18:19:56 schrieb Christian:
Matthias Bach schrieb:
Yes I do know Option -r, but sometimes you're not happy with this
solution. In case of syncing files between different system you want to
have unique id.

Couldn't you just sync by user name?

Hmm, I'm always open to news. more info please.

I don't know how you sync your files. But. e.g. rsync will always translate
UIDs fo the files to user names on the sending, and back on the recieving
side, unless you suppress this behaviour with --numeric-ids. This way only
user names need to match.

Regards,
Matthias
< Previous Next >