Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Introduction - Udit Sajjanhar Gsoc 2009
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 10:56:11 +0200
Am Donnerstag, 28. Mai 2009 10:42:09 schrieb Cornelius Schumacher:
On Thursday 28 May 2009 10:29:23 Adrian Schröter wrote:
Because we use the IDs for refering to other systems (bugzilla for
example). We use the login name as key (to map to email address for
bugzilla) for refering to the user.

It's kind of a bad practice to automatically enforce a relation to a
specific Bugzilla account. It would be much better, if the user would be in
control of that, and be able to choose to which Bugzilla account she wants
to be associated (probably defaulting to the account corresponding to the
Novell account, provided we have that information).

You can configure the bugzilla id already (and refering to external bugzillas
was part of the spec, but is not implemented).

But when you start developing with openID, how can you convert this later to
the classic accounts later one to be able to use our bugzilla ?

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH