Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Updates for python-ldap package
  • From: Peter Poeml <poeml@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 17:00:44 +0200
Hi Micheal,

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 02:44:52PM +0200, Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Freitag, 15. Mai 2009 14:15:54 schrieb Michael Ströder:
HI!

working as the maintainer of python-ldap I'd also like to use the build
service to provide updates for python-ldap through

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/devel:/languages:/python/

Is that possible? My user account is 'stroeder'.

sure, just contact the people at the project and ask them to join:

https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=devel:languages:python

However, the best way to introduce is to build the package somewhere and
submit it to the project ;). Check

http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Collaboration

for details.

There doesn't seem to be a "home project" for you in the build service
yet (it would be named home:stroeder). Normally it should exist once a
new account is created. I'm not sure whether you need to ask somebody to
create it for you.

Once it exists, you can "osc branch" the package to your home project,
update it there, and use "osc submitreq create" to request submission to
devel:languages:python, in the way described in the link Adrian cited
above.

Thanks,
Peter

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH