Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Installing OBS on Debian
  • From: Carsten Hoeger <choeger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 08:41:44 +0200
On Tue, May 19, Anton Piatek wrote:

Hi all,
I have want to have a play with OBS as I am involved in a lot of
internal linux packaging at my work. I primarily deal with Debian and
Ubuntu, but the packages are also built for Redhat, Fedora and SuSE
and I though that we could probably do well to have one unified build
system.

As my spare boxes for playing with OBS are Debian I am hoping to get
it running on Lenny. I couldn't find any prebuilt debs so I assume I
need to go from source.

I grabbed the source tree from svn, but it seems to lack some complete
docs on how exactly you are supposed to compile, install and configure
the whole thing from start to finish... Has anyone here installed OBS
on Debian or on a distribution that doesn't have rpms already
available?

There are lots of folders in the src tree and I am not sure which ones
I need to do what in nor what the dependencies for the whole lot is.

I'd also like to have that stuff working on debian, but unfortunately, I have
not many time to do that. :-(
I did already an obs-worker package for debian, though:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=obs-worker&project=home%3Achoeger

If you want to have a starting point on how to install the software, you might
want to have a look at the rpm spec files, where in the %build and %install
sections every thing that must be done to install the software can be found,
as well as the requirements in the header section.

Hope that helps.

https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file?file=obs-server.spec&package=obs-server&project=openSUSE%3ATools

--
With best regards,