[opensuse-buildservice] Conflicting libraries
  • From: Michal Hrusecky <mhrusecky@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 17:40:51 +0200
Hi,

I'm trying to resolve conflict between two packages which both provides
the same library. I've got for example sblim-cmpi-nfsv3 package which
depends among others on cim-server and sblim-cmpi-devel.
sblim-cmpi-devel is in BuildRequires and cim-server in Requires.
cim-server is provided by tog-pegasus or sblim-sfcb. tog-pegasus
provides same library as sblim-cmpi-devel, so I added Conflicts to the
spec files of both packages. But when I try to build sblim-cmpi-nfsv3 it
pulls in both sblim-cmpi-devel and tog-pegasus although it can pull only
sblim-sfcb (which is pulled in anyway (it's in PreReq)) and therefore
satisfy cim-server dependency without encountering conflict. Question
is simple, what am I doing wrong? One last note, it happened in build
service only. I can built package locally without problem using osc. I
guess that's because cim-server is in Requires only so it isn't needed
during build at all but it is needed during some additional testing
buildservice does?

--
Michal Hrusecky
< Previous Next >