Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Querying package revision
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 11:33:29 +0200
Am Donnerstag, 7. Mai 2009 11:24:16 schrieb Cornelius Schumacher:
On Thursday 07 May 2009, Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Mittwoch, 6. Mai 2009 20:08:19 schrieb Cornelius Schumacher:
Is there a way to query the RPM revision of a package via the API?

Doable via the build history. This requires also a architecture and repo,
because in theory the versions could differ for them:

curl -n
https://api.opensuse.org/build/openSUSE:Tools/openSUSE_Factory/i586/osc/_
hi story

That's what I was looking for. Thanks.

please note that this is the build history, it does not mean that this package
has been synced out to the repository yet.

How could the revision be different for different architectures and repos?

We do not allow this for our main distros by policy, but you could craft a
spec file overriding Release: replacement mechanism and could put this into
some %if or %ifarch statements. Same is true for Version: tag.

Yes, evil, but theoretically doable, so someone will do it some day ;)

SUSE Linux Products GmbH