Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: [opensuse-svn] r7266 - trunk/buildservice/src/clientlib/python/osc/osc
  • From: Michal Čihař <michal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 15:07:51 +0200
Hi

Dne Wed, 6 May 2009 14:54:04 +0200
Peter Poeml <poeml@xxxxxxx> napsal(a):

It looks as if the change is principally a very nice thing, but puts
osc-specific code and documentation inside the cmdln module. [1]
I think it would be better (if not brilliant) if you would enhance the
cmdln module in a way that the change is generically useful. At the same
time, it would mean that we won't have problems upgrading our in-tree
cmdln module when upstream releases a new version. Right now, somebody
would need to forward port your changes.

Do you think you could leave out just the osc-specific text (providing
it to the functionality from somewhere else), so we can achieve the same
(great) functionality in a way that's not totally bound to osc?

I'm sure that upstream would be interested in this feature.

[1] http://code.google.com/p/cmdln/
(The module also exists as python-cmdln package in the buildservice, and
it would also be possible to use that instead of an in-tree copy. The
package is not on any product though, I think.)

Ah, I did not know that it is external module. I think it should not be
a problem to move osc specific parts out of it.