Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Problems with local osc build for debian
  • From: Peter Poeml <poeml@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 12:19:13 +0200
Hi Dennis,

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 11:25:52AM +0200, Dennis Sieben wrote:
we have problems doing a local build against our own OBS. It seems like osc
tries to fetch the base packages from a location which is not available on
our OBS. See below:

osc build --alternative-project open-xchange-snapshot DebianEtch i586 *.dsc
Building open-xchange-admin-soap_6.9.0.0-0.dsc for DebianEtch/i586
Getting buildinfo from server
Updating cache of required packages
Trying upstream server for perl-base (Debian:Etch), since it is not on
buildservice.netline.de.
Trying upstream server for perl-base (Debian:Etch), since it is not on
buildapi.netline.de.

Error: No more mirrors to try.
Failed to retrieve perl-base-5.8.8-7etch4.i386.deb from the following
locations (in order):
file:///var/tmp/osbuild-packagecache/Debian:Etch/standard/i386/perl-base-5.8.8-7etch4.i386.deb/
http://buildservice.netline.de/repositories/Debian:Etch/standard/i386/perl-base-5.8.8-7etch4.i386.deb
http://buildapi.netline.de//build/Debian:Etch/standard/i586/_repository/perl-base

Can anybody tell me how this must be configured? I've already searched the
websides, but I don't find a solution to this.

Thanks in advance,

Dennis

I am assuming that you *do* know a place where the package would be
found? There used to be a config directive for .oscrc which could define
URL templates that would be tried in order when downloading packages.
However, I can't find it anymore. I think nowadays the URL that the
client should use for downloading is not configured locally anymore, but
it is configured in the buildservice server and transmitted to the
client when it requests the "build info" for building. Therefore I would
presume that it is possible in your buildservice instance to define this
URL. If the URL is correct, it should lead to a working download.

Peter

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Research & Development
  • No further messages