[opensuse-buildservice] Re: Import build service packages into git
  • From: Andreas Gruenbacher <agruen@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 14:52:01 +0200
On Thursday, 16 April 2009 9:15:01 Andreas Gruenbacher wrote:
Hello,

I have been working on an import tool from the build service into git
repositories; the result seems to be basically working now. It is available
as:

home:agruen:Factory/bsgit

The git repository is available at:

http://git.opensuse.org/?p=people/agruen/bsgit.git

I have added support for pushing simple changes to the build service as well
now.

Note that the build service cannot represent things like authorship (vs. who
committed a change), subdirectories, symlinks and other non-regular files,
file modes, or merges. Pushing to the build service will REWRITE THE GIT
HISTORY to what the build service can represent; any additional information
will be lost. Source links cannot be pushed either, yet. (I depend on some
backend changes both to ensure that source links can always be imported, and
that they can be exported cleanly.)

Cheers,
Andreas