Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Where can I find the keys for a project?
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 08:39:44 +0200
Am Dienstag, 21. April 2009 19:40:21 schrieb Brandon Philips:
On 07:33 Wed 18 Mar 2009, Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Dienstag, 17. März 2009 23:27:15 schrieb Cristian Rodríguez:
Andreas Vetter escribió:

3. Is it my responsibility to publish the key?

IMHO, not really, the key should be uploaded to a public keyserver by
the OBS.. unfortunately that seems not currently implemented.

By intention, because I think it would be bad to flood the key servers,
no ?

Can a keyserver be offered by opensuse so that users can easily add
these keys to their keychain via gpg?

Having our own keyserver would keep us from flooding other key servers
and give users a consistent way of adding keys without assembling long
URLs.

The key is already part of the repos. When you download them from
download.opensuse.org and assume there is no kind of spoofing in between you
get the right key.

We do not want to maintain an own key server just for this.

Btw, zypper/yast offers you to import the keys from the repos, if unknown.
Dunno about other package managers.

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH