Re: [opensuse-buildservice] new osc version 0.116
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 16:23:09 +0200
Am Freitag, 17. April 2009 15:58:09 schrieb James Oakley:
On Friday 17 April 2009 04:01:24 Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Donnerstag, 16. April 2009 20:53:12 schrieb James Oakley:
On Thursday 16 April 2009 05:20:27 Adrian Schröter wrote:
Create a new source link with the new --current argument:

# osc linkpac --current openSUSE:Factory osc openSUSE:Tools

This means that osc checks now what is the current revision in
Factory and refers to exactly this version (you see a rev="X"
attribute in the _link file). The effect is that a change in
openSUSE:Factory has no effect in openSUSE:Tools.

Oooh. I really like this. What would be even cooler is if you could do
this to an entire project to create a snapshot that you could build
against.

I just tried it with "for pkg in `osc ls $project` ; do osc linkpac
--current $project $pkg $project:snapshot; done' but it takes a long
time for a project with many packages.

Yes, I thought also about to support this directly with osc. But it will
not run much faster than with your for script.

Yeah, the functionality would have to be implemented in the source server
so that there would be one remote call, instead of one per package.

I'll take a look at the code and make an attempt.

in that case you want to implement a single project source link and creating
multiple source links in each package.

This is a wanted feature since quite some time ...

SUSE Linux Products GmbH