Re: [opensuse-buildservice] RFC: osc vc command
  • From: Michal Vyskocil <mvyskocil@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 09:56:24 +0200
On Thursday 16 of April 2009 18:18:58 Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
On 4/16/2009 at 18:01, Michal Vyskocil <mvyskocil@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,

For non-SUSE folks: vc is an internal command used for editing of
.changes files.

Even though I'm non-SUSE, this sounds great... anything that automates any
process is appreciated.

Thu Apr 16 15:47:06 UTC 2009 - mvyskocil@xxxxxxxxxx

- osc vc test

The date is always in UTC, which I considered better than
TZ=Europe/Berlin used in vc, but it's a big change.

Different email is rather cosmetic change, even if it will be nice to
have my
nice old @suse.cz back :), I don't know how to fix it.

Where do you get the address from?

e-mail is a part of user meta data and it's read from it. See `osc meta user
<login>'. It cannot be changed, so maybe it's really connected with IChain.

I think it would be great if this could
be specified in ~/.obsrc I for example NEVER use the email address I use on
IChain. simply becasue on IChain I have my work account registered (as
we're Novell Client I need access to NCC) but all the commits I do into OBS
are 'private' based.. so even though I use my business IChain account, I
would not want this email address to appear in the RPM Changelogs.

So vc could be improved - when email is defined in ~/.oscrc, then it will be
used instead of one in metadata.

[https://api.opensuse.org/]
user = login
pass = password