Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Build Team Meeting
  • From: Martin Mohring <martin.mohring@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 13:45:31 +0200
Adrian Schröter wrote:
present: froh, lrupp, rlihm, adrian, abauer, freitag, mls

Topics:
* Status Round
* 1.6 Release

Status Round
============

abauer:
* continue to work on webclient 2.0
* Smaller bugfixes and implementation

freitag:
* Debugged and fixed the "world spamming" hermes bug.
(Sent a submission request to everybody in the system instead
of target group only after receiving broken input message).

mls:
* Fixed a bug in signing daemon, fixes resignment with rpm from
openSUSE 11.1 (broken signed packages after aggregation)
* broken source link merge functionality is implemented, except
in osc part.

rlihm:
* Java script code fixes for webclient 2.0
* Thinking about project and package listings of webclient
* Discussion with Sigi about our download page.

adrian:
* Currently live image builds are limited to 2GB size due to paritioning
of build hosts. Easiest solution is to increase swap size.
AI: mls evaluate if we can export build result via a more clever
mechanism, just exporting the block numbers and read directly
from root partition without need to trust the file system.
* Implemented improved handling of source links with revision numbers.
(new "osc setlinkrev" command, not yet released).

1.6 Release
===========

* Got released as 1.6 Beta 1
* Feature complete, but we need further testing with instance at
opensuse.org. Current status is:
- Debian 5.0 arm builds a working, Maemo builds already running
- No working rpm based builds yet, Fedora 10 has too broken
qemu. No other rpm based distro imported yet.
GSoC project shall provide a SUSE based arm distro as base.

mmohring:
* fixed code for XEN / qemu user mode arm
* provided static mount / bash for OBS worker images to be able to run
Cross Build
* provided some code for cross build activation
* adrian deployed these new worker images
* fixed build script to replace "uname -i"
* throughtoutly tested -r 7072 with cross build
* provied updates packages for obs, osc, build in openSUSE:Tools:Devel
after OBS 1.6 Beta on svn trunk -r 7072
* tested cross OBS with Mer 0.10 and 0.11
* some review of QEMU patches used in cross OBS with QEMU maintainer