Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS 1.6 Beta 1 release
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 09:42:06 +0200
Am Freitag, 10. April 2009 20:49:14 schrieb Christian:
Hi Adrian,

it's nice to have "beta" version, but I would prefer to have this in
sub-project "Test" or "Unstable".

Some days ago I installed 1.5.1-4.1 on a testbox, and now I wanted to
install it on another box, but this is not possible, because
openSUE:Tools is now at 1.6 beta 1. :(

I think others would agree to this.
Would it be possible to have stable version (e.g. 1.5.1) at
openSUSE:Tools and
newer stables provided via openSUSE:Tools:Updates ?

We have actually :Devel already for this, but I missed to use it :/

sorry, however, the 1.6 beta should have only fixes in the areas which were
used so far. So you can consider it also as a further bugfixed 1.5 except for
the two new main features, which should not affect anything except you use
them.

So this time it should not be a problem, but I agree that we should use :devel
next time.

SUSE Linux Products GmbH