Re: [opensuse-buildservice] GSoC '09 proposal - git backend for OBS
  • From: Cornelius Schumacher <cschum@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 13:42:48 +0200
On Thursday 09 April 2009, Peter Libič wrote:

I am aware of the fact that only changing the backend from BSDB to git
is not all what needs to be done if we want the mainline switched to
git. Therefore, after successful implementation I'd like to continue to
work with the OBS team on possible integration.

Do you have any suggestions or hints before the project starts?

I'm not sure replacing the backend is a good idea. I think it would be much
more interesting to have a git frontend to the existing backend, so you could
use git to interact with the build service, but how storage is implement
remains an implementation detail of the backend.

--
Cornelius Schumacher <cschum@xxxxxxx>