Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Why are Debian an xUbuntu excluded on my builds?
  • From: Richard Bos <rbos@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 21:01:33 +0200
Hi Greg,

Op dinsdag 07 april 2009 16:18:01 schreef Greg Freemyer:
I have a very simple spec file:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file?file=open2300.spec&package=ope
n2300&project=home%3Agregfreemyer

I have OpenSuse and Fedora building without error.

But I've tried to add one of the Debians and one of the xUbuntus.
With both the build failed with a status of "excluded" and no log was
generated.

Is there another specfile clause I need to allow those to try and build?

you need to setup a debian like build environment. This means that you need
the source to be a tar.gz so it can be shared between the .rpm and .deb
enviroment (although the build server (BS) advices you to use bz2). You
should put your changes in a .changes file, so the changes are shared between
the .rpm and .deb environment. The .changes file must be in .deb format, this
is converted to .rpm for rpms. The .deb environment exists of a .dsc, .rules
and a .control file. If you have all that than the basics are set up. After
that changes to source tarball, results in new rpms and debs. Look back in
this ML archive as I asked similar questions about a week ago ;) The subject
of that discussion is 'opensuse-buildservice@xxxxxxxxxxxx' it started at
29.03.2009. Examples are now find (among others) in home:rbos:ib

Hope this helps.

--
Richard