[opensuse-buildservice] Introducing osc-plugin-overview
  • From: Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett <dmacvicar@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 18:04:37 +0200

You maintain some packages in your repository, which you package from
some upstream source. You want to quickly compare versions across your
development project, Factory, and upstream. You want to configure what
is the package list and to display packages only if they are outdated.

You want to configure a view writing myview.ini to ~/.osc-overview which
says something like:

[myview]
repos=obs://devel:languages:ruby:extensions,gem://gems.rubyforge.org
# get package list from one of the repos (can also specify manually a
list with commas)
packages=$1
# show a row only if this column is older than other columns
filter.older=$1

And you want to type “osc overview myview” and get back something like
this table:

http://www.suse.de/~dmacvicar/screenshots/osc-plugin-overview/osc-plugin-overview-table.png

You can configure as many package data sources as you want for a view.
No limit for 2 columns. You can specify from which repo the package list
comes from using the $x macros. Same with the older version filter.

Then osc-plugin-overview may be what you are looking for, or even
better, it may be soon, when we add more features. See more complete
description, where to download it and planned features in its wiki webpage.

http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/osc_plugins/Overview

This is the first release so it includes support for getting information
from build service projects, submit requests against projects, upstream
gem servers and that is.

I expect to add stuff like customizable output (machine readable,
patchnfo, changes, diff) and other sources like local directories and
upstream ftp servers. My main goal is to use it for ZYpp maintenance
updates, therefore patchinfo generation is my own goal, but I am sure
other cool stuff can be done for other workflows

Help welcomed!

--
Duncan Mac-Vicar P. - Engineering Manager, YaST