Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How to build deb packages
  • From: Richard Bos <rbos@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 23:27:29 +0200
Hello Piotr,

thanks a lot for your advice, it helped me a lot.

Op woensdag 01 april 2009 00:12:42 schreef Piotr Pokora:
Richard Bos writes:

Hi!

inkomstenbelasting-2008.tar.bz2

Use tar.gz upstream tarballs. You shouldn't have problems with Debian
Lenny and Ubuntu 8.10.

That's the problem, there are no upstream tarballs hence I need to come
with the code.

I wonder, maybe this is even better?
You can create directories and subdirectories and tar.gz'em all.

That's not the way to go I think; the package build process should be used to
create the directory structure.

%__install -m 644 icons/$D/inkomstenbelasting.png
%{buildroot}%{_datadir}/icons/hicolor/$D/apps

Create debian.PACKAGENAME.install file if those are provided by
upstream.

What will this do?

dh_install command installs all files which are listed in
PACKAGENAME.install file.
So, all you have to do, is to add dh_install to rules file.
*If* you want to use .install routines.

In rules file (it's only Makefile anyway):

install:
belastingdienst.nl
debian/PACKAGENAME/usr/share/PACKAGENAME/belastingdienst.nl

in debian.PACKAGENAME.install:

usr/share/PACKAGENAME/belastingdienst.nl

Or you can just copy all files in `debian/rules install`.

That's what I did.

Take a look how PHP (and extensions) packages are built for example.

I had a look at a php package that copied the files in the debian/rules files
and that helped a lot.

In the meantime I have successfully build a deb package :)

Thank you Piotr, Carsten and Paul!

--
Richard