Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How to build deb packages
  • From: Carsten Hoeger <choeger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 13:20:19 +0200
On Mon, Mar 30, Richard Bos wrote:

I uploaded the 3 debian files X.dsc, X.diff.gx, and X.orig.tar.gz
and build.

According to this email:
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-buildservice/2007-03/msg00067.html
only one source file is needed
"the pristine tarball (no need to put .orig in the name, it'll get
renamed to the "canonical" debian tar name automatically)"

/me still wondering how to build .deb pkgs with the build service.

You still need Debian package meta information.

http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Deb_builds

[...]

The build service also uses some magic, some extra information can be given
in the .dsc file in the form of 'debtransform' tags. Those are documented
in this mail:
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-buildservice/2007-03/msg00067.html and
the source code can be found here:
https://forgesvn1.novell.com/svn/opensuse/trunk/buildservice/src/build/debt
ransform By looking at it you can see that it accepts three tags:

[...]

I read that page (see my initial post), but it did not
make it clear to me what is needed. :(
What Deb* tags are to be used in the spec file? Are there tools
around to convert a osc work directory to a .dsc file?

There are no Deb tags to be used in spec files.
At least not that I know.

The .dsc file contains a Files section, should that be included? As the
packageName_5.6.orig.tar.gz and packageName_5.6-1.diff.tar.gz can be created
by the build service, it does not seem to be necessary to include those in
the .dsc file.

I'm quite sure, that you still have to submit Debian Package information
(debian/control, debian/rules, debian/changelog, ...) separately.

I'd use the common Debian tools to generated them (dpkg-source).
There's a deb rpm package available on openSUSE, SLE, ..., which can be used
to do that.

--
With best regards,

Carsten Hoeger