Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How to build deb packages
  • From: Richard Bos <rbos@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 12:34:17 +0200
Op maandag 30 maart 2009 09:38:09 schreef Carsten Hoeger:
On Mon, Mar 30, Richard Bos wrote:
I uploaded the 3 debian files X.dsc, X.diff.gx, and X.orig.tar.gz
and build.

According to this email:
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-buildservice/2007-03/msg00067.html
only one source file is needed
"the pristine tarball (no need to put .orig in the name, it'll get
renamed to the "canonical" debian tar name automatically)"

/me still wondering how to build .deb pkgs with the build service.

You still need Debian package meta information.

http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Deb_builds

[...]

The build service also uses some magic, some extra information can be given
in the .dsc file in the form of 'debtransform' tags. Those are documented
in this mail:
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-buildservice/2007-03/msg00067.html and
the source code can be found here:
https://forgesvn1.novell.com/svn/opensuse/trunk/buildservice/src/build/debt
ransform By looking at it you can see that it accepts three tags:

[...]

I read that page (see my initial post), but it did not
make it clear to me what is needed. :(
What Deb* tags are to be used in the spec file? Are there tools
around to convert a osc work directory to a .dsc file?

The .dsc file contains a Files section, should that be included? As the
packageName_5.6.orig.tar.gz and packageName_5.6-1.diff.tar.gz can be created
by the build service, it does not seem to be necessary to include those in the
.dsc file.

--
Richard