Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How to build deb packages
  • From: Carsten Hoeger <choeger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 09:38:09 +0200
On Mon, Mar 30, Richard Bos wrote:

I uploaded the 3 debian files X.dsc, X.diff.gx, and X.orig.tar.gz
and build.

According to this email:
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-buildservice/2007-03/msg00067.html
only one source file is needed
"the pristine tarball (no need to put .orig in the name, it'll get renamed to
the "canonical" debian tar name automatically)"

/me still wondering how to build .deb pkgs with the build service.

You still need Debian package meta information.

http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Deb_builds

[...]

The build service also uses some magic, some extra information can be given in
the .dsc file in the form of 'debtransform' tags. Those are documented in this
mail: http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-buildservice/2007-03/msg00067.html
and the source code can be found here:
https://forgesvn1.novell.com/svn/opensuse/trunk/buildservice/src/build/debtransform
By looking at it you can see that it accepts three tags:

[...]

--
With best regards,

Carsten Hoeger