Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How to build deb packages
  • From: Carsten Hoeger <choeger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 09:38:09 +0200
On Mon, Mar 30, Richard Bos wrote:

I uploaded the 3 debian files X.dsc, X.diff.gx, and X.orig.tar.gz
and build.

According to this email:
only one source file is needed
"the pristine tarball (no need to put .orig in the name, it'll get renamed to
the "canonical" debian tar name automatically)"

/me still wondering how to build .deb pkgs with the build service.

You still need Debian package meta information.

The build service also uses some magic, some extra information can be given in
the .dsc file in the form of 'debtransform' tags. Those are documented in this
and the source code can be found here:
By looking at it you can see that it accepts three tags:

With best regards,

Carsten Hoeger