Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How to build deb packages
  • From: Paul Elliott <pelliott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 16:54:44 -0500

The peless package is a package that builds debian and ubuntu
versions.

I did not follow the method described in:
http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Deb_builds

according to that document I needed to create:
Minimum set of files required to create .deb
In order to create a .deb package successfully, you have to create at least
these files:
packageName.dsc
debian.changelog
debian.control
debian.rules

Instead I used the debian method of creating a debian source
package.

I uploaded the 3 debian files X.dsc, X.diff.gx, and X.orig.tar.gz
and build.

To make it work I had to add build-essential to the Build-Depends: line.

According to the debian policy manual I should not have to do
this, but I had to to make it build under the build-service.
I created a bug in bugzilla because of this.

--
Paul Elliott 1(512)837-1096
pelliott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx PMB 181, 11900 Metric Blvd Suite J