[opensuse-buildservice] How to build deb packages
  • From: Richard Bos <rbos@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 21:25:56 +0200
Hi,

I have successfully build packages for my project "inkomstenbelasting" for
openSUSE, fedora, mandrake and centos. I now would like to extent this to the
debian based distributions. I would like to know how this should be done. I
have read the wiki page http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Deb_builds, but
after reading it, it was still not clear :( Neither does the email that the
wiki page refers to (http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-
buildservice/2007-03/msg00067.html) make things clearer, perhaps the contrary
:(

The rpm that I would like to debianize is this one:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/rbos:/ib/openSUSE_11.1/repodata/repoview/inkomstenbelasting-0-2008-6.1.html

It seems like a simply package and it consist of only a few files:
# rpm -ql inkomstenbelasting
/usr/share/belastingdienst.nl
/usr/share/doc/packages/inkomstenbelasting
/usr/share/doc/packages/inkomstenbelasting/Aandachtspunten
/usr/share/doc/packages/inkomstenbelasting/README
/usr/share/doc/packages/inkomstenbelasting/TODO
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/16x16/apps/inkomstenbelasting.png
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/128x128/apps/inkomstenbelasting.png

There is no debian package for it. The build server work directory holds the
following files:
inkomstenbelasting-2008.tar.bz2
inkomstenbelasting.changes
inkomstenbelasting.spec

The changes file is in the spec file format.

What do I need to add to the spec file? Should I use the DebTransformTar tag
to refer to inkomstenbelasting-2008.tar.bz2 file? Is there a .dsc file
required or is this created from the spec file by the build service?
What to do with the changes files, must it be renamed to e.g debian.changes,
must the format be adjusted or will this be taken care of by the build
service?

Looking forward to your advice.

--
Richard