Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Adding autoconf213 to the standard repository
  • From: Anshul Jain <anshulajain@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 10:55:54 +0530
On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 10:45 AM, Stephen Shaw <sshaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 11:06 PM, Anshul Jain <anshulajain@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 10:33 AM, Stephen Shaw <sshaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 10:53 PM, Anshul Jain <anshulajain@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
I'm trying to build FF3.1 beta w/ subpixel hinting through the BS.
I've modified the spec file and added all the source files into the
repository. However, I'm missing autoconf213 in the Opensuse 11.0 and
11.1 repositories. Sure enough though, its provided by the mozilla
repo and not the official repository. So how can I link this
particular RPM to my build environment? Is there a way to install
this? Would appreciate some help! :)

-Anshul
--

There is a link that says something about linking to another project.
More importantly, you might not be allowed to build it with subpixel

Stephen

Stephen,
Thanks for the prompt reply, can you direct me to that link? As far as
subpixel hinting is concerned, if it violates patents...I'll remove
it.

Regards
Anshul
--

Here is a link about the subpixel hinting stuff -
http://opensuse-community.org/SubpixelHinting

As for the linking to other packages in other projects:
Under the list of your current packages in your project (about the
middle of the screen), there are 2 links.  One is to add a new
package, [Add Package], and the second is to link to another package
in another project, [Link Package from other Project].  Once you click
on it, you will see 3 boxes.  The first one is the name of the project
that you want to connect to, the second is the name of the package,
and the third I usually leave blank, but its for if you want to name
it differently in your local project.

Stephen

Stephen,
I found the right place to link the file, however...I couldn't quite
add autoconf213 which is present in this link:-
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/mozilla/openSUSE_11.0/noarch/autconf....

I tried adding "mozilla" and even
"http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/mozilla/openSUSE_11.0/";
into the 1st line...and in the 2nd line I added the file
name...autoconf.xxx. It still won't take..any suggestions?

-Anshul