Re: [opensuse-buildservice] History of _link'ed projects?
  • From: Michael Schroeder <mls@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 09:00:51 +0100
On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 02:02:28PM +0100, Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:
I wanted to generate the changes of project which links to another.

But iterate through the history with osc -r fails; it generates only the
diff. -e doesn't work in combination with -r.

It seems the link is not generated against a specific version of the
source project, and so that information is not archived, and osc
doesn't know which version of the source project to retrieve.

A link with no specific revision always links against the most recent
version. This is usually what the user wants.

That strikes me as rather bad, because it means bi-secting for _link
projects essentially doesn't work at all right now.

Would it not be acceptable if osc -r -e expanded the link against the
version of the source project which was current at that time? (After
all, that's what it would have build against.)

Current at what time? It builds against the latest revision, so I
don't understand what you're proposing.

Note that the generated rpms contain the "expanded" md5sum in
the DISTURL tag, this is an unique identifier to retrieve the
sources used for building.

Cheers,
Michael.

--