Re: [opensuse-buildservice] New user intro & smx project
  • From: Erik Aronesty <erik@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 15:09:49 -0400
Please start in your home project (or create a sub home project) for now. So
you can evaluate if you want to use build service in for real and we create an
more official project later and copy your packages over.

So far, it works extremely well. My specfile is 100 times better &
way more portable in only a couple days. I feel like I'm getting
away with something that should be a lot harder. ;)

My notes for new users:

- run rpmlint locally on your rpms and fix all the errors and most of
the warnings ... before bothering to try the build system, it'll save
some time

- %makeinstall on an autotools project is a *redundant bad idea*,
%configure already does it for you.

- Removing all the .la's and .a's from my distribution fixed a lot of
warnings on suse