Re: [opensuse-buildservice] problems with OBS 1.5rc2 after upgrading host to openSUSE 11.1
  • From: Jon Nelson <jnelson-suse@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 09:09:30 -0500
On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 7:24 PM, Jon Nelson <jnelson-suse@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 2:31 PM, Jon Nelson <jnelson-suse@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 2:17 PM, Andreas Bauer <abauer@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Jon Nelson schrieb:
I had a number of problems after upgrading an OBS instance from
openSUSE 11.0 to 11.1
The client remains running openSUSE 11.1, as it has for months. The
osc version on the client has not changed and is the latest available.

The first is that adding a *comment* via osc did not work.
I could add and remove files (PUT/DELETE respectively), but the
subsequent POST would not, returning a 403.

I have no idea why this is, but the *logfile* permissions were wrong.
Why that resulted in a 403 (despite the action being successful) is
beyond me, but the logfiles were owned by root.root.
When I fixed that, my problems went away.

I spoke too soon.
This morning my first checkin ...

Sending foo.spec
Transmitting file data ..Server returned an error: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden
no permission to execute command 'commit'

However when I check the project via the web interface the right files
are there (but refuse to rebuild).
Furthermore, with the web client I can upload/remove files without any
problem at all.
Only when using osc (osc-0.110-1.16 installed 4 Jan 2009) do I
encounter problems, and only after upgrading from openSUSE 11.0 to
11.1.

I'll try to be in #opensuse-buildservice today.

--
Jon