Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Release tag in BuildService
I don't think you can do this directly, but for our instance of OBS we
do

Release: %%{?release_prefix}<CI_CNT>.<B_CNT>%%{?release_suffix}

And then define

%release_prefix as the release we want to be before the part that the
BuildService writes.

The Release: line is before the Macros section of the Project prjconf.