Re: [opensuse-buildservice] ARM
  • From: Peter Czanik <pczanik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2009 16:11:39 +0100
Hello,

Martin Mohring írta:
Any news on this? I'll hopefully receive an iMX515 developer board (
http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS8595694202.html ) in the near future,
and would be nice, if I could run openSUSE next to (or rather: instead
of) Ubuntu!

Do you plan to help us with development? It would be nice!

Well, I can't really help with coding (Pascal does not seem to count in
most cases :-) ), but I use SuSE from 4.3 and test it from 5.x, so I got
some SuSE and testing/bugreporting experience. And also documented SuSE
installation for a couple of PPC boards, and created an installer and
boot kernel for a couple Freescale PPC devel boards. I also recompile
selected Packman packages on PPC, which I hope to do for ARM too.

Bye,
CzP

We are currently bootstrapping openSUSE @ ARM, and there will be some
news soon if/when we activate ARM builds in the public OBS also.

OK, thanks for the update! I'll come back to the ARM topic, once I got
the board. Right now I only have an x86 and many PPC...
Bye,
CzP