[opensuse-buildservice] bug/feature request in/for installer image
  • From: Christof Hanke <Biber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 20:03:24 +0200
Hi,

a colleague of mine installed opensuse 11.1 on one of our company
blade-servers.
Unfortunately, it took 3 days, which didn't really impress him.
The problem was the following:
the Bios(system)-time was completely off (August 2008).
The installation failed, because the checking of the SHA1 digests of some
files (or repositories?) failed. In the log it just said "not checked".
Thus, he (and me for some time) were looking for a problem in the usb_storage
or whatever, because the DVD was always umounted after the failure.
It would be nice if in the log file the reason for "not checked" e.g. "clock
screw too large" would be mentioned.
Where can I report this officially ?

Many thanks,

Christof